A lot of cars parked on a lot

Benefits of Buying Used in Schuylkill Haven PA

If you’re looking to purchase a vehicle and are considering buying slightly used or brand new, you should really give more consideration for the used vehicle! With modern technologies, servicing, and researching tools, buying used is no longer a case of “inheriting someone’s problems,” but a sensible investment for any driver, new or veteran! There are a ton of benefits to buying used. Continue reading to learn what the benefits are and what they mean for you. 


Minimize Your Depreciation

When you’re buying a new vehicle many dealerships won’t tell a hard truth - your vehicle will depreciate greatly the moment it leaves their lot. Most cars, trucks, or SUVs will lose up to 10 percent of their value the moment it leaves the lot. Not only that, but it also loses another 20 percent in the first year of ownership, bringing the total loss after just a year to upwards of 30 percent. Your $30,000 vehicle is now worth almost $10,000 less than it was before, and it could be in great condition! A used vehicle is a great way to avoid this issue, as it already suffered depreciation!

Get More for Your Money

A used vehicle allows you to stretch your dollar, letting you get more for less when compared to a new vehicle. You might not get a sparkling, brand new vehicle, but a two or three-year-old model can be just as good, letting you enjoy a ton of features within your budget. And considering that vehicles now last over 200,000 miles when cared for, you’ll get a ton of mileage out of a vehicle that only has 100,000 miles. 

Reduced Fees and Insurance Costs

This is a pretty obvious benefit, but a used vehicle lets you get away with less money on insurance costs and on registration fees and sales taxes. This means that you’ll save money upfront with the lower used vehicle price, and over time with lower insurance costs. It’s a win-win situation for you! 

These are just some of the great benefits that you can enjoy when you’re buying a used vehicle! To learn more about what benefits you’ll enjoy, or to see our great vehicle inventory, visit our website’s used inventory page or contact us today! We're one of the best used car dealerships in Schuylkill Haven, PA and more than happy to help!